Since coming to the Park Hyatt Toronto in 1999 he oversaw the completion of the $80 million renovation. He has since succeeded in turning the Park Hyatt into one of the country’s finest luxury hotels and was the key decision maker behind the construction and opening of Toronto’s premier spa, Stillwater Spa.
Having worked for Hyatt for over 15 years, he is a four-time nominee for the Pritzker Award of Excellence, Hotelier of the Year. In 2004, Verciglio received the Ontario Hostelry Institute Gold Award for Excellence, Hotelier of the Year.
Was also awarded the 2004 Rabbi Porrath Visionary Award, Niagara University School of Hospitality for contributions to promoting the education and growth of the program.
Community and committee membership includes:
- Ontario Ministry of Training, Universities & Colleges, Post secondary Education Quality Assessment Board
- Greater Toronto Hotel Association
- Tourism Toronto Board of Directors
- Niagara University Advisory Board, School of Hospitality
- Board member of the Ontario Educational Advisory Committee
Graduate of the University of Denver, Bachelor of Science Degree in Hotel & Restaurant Management.