Partner | Goodmans LLP
David Nadler is a partner in the Banking and Finance Law Group and Hospitality Law Group at Goodmans. His practice focuses on financing and corporate transactions. David is recognized as a leading banking lawyer by Euromoney’s Guide to the World’s Leading Banking Lawyers and The Best Lawyers in Canada and has been recognized by Chambers Global Guide to the World’s Leading Lawyers and IFLR 1000.
David has consistently represented The Toronto-Dominion Bank, other financial institutions and debtors in complex domestic and cross-border syndicated lending transactions. He has also been involved in several debt restructurings representing both creditors and debtors. Recent lending transactions include representation of:
• FAM REIT in connection with the establishment of a revolving credit facility provided by The Toronto-Dominion Bank
• BMO Capital Markets Corp. in connection with the acquisition financing of the $1.1 billion acquisition of Q9 Networks by an investor group comprised of Ontario Teachers’ Pension Plan, BCE Inc., Providence Equity Partners and Madison Dearborn Partners LLC
• The Toronto-Dominion Bank in connection with the refinancing of certain mortgages and the establishment of a credit facility provided to Regal Lifestyle Communities Inc.
• Atlantic Power Corporation in connection with the financing of Atlantic Power’s $1.1 billion acquisition of Capital Power Income L.P. and in its high yield note offering of US$460 million and its US$300 million amended and restated credit facility
• Four Seasons Hotels and Resorts’ US$750 million financing with a syndicate of lenders led by Citibank, N.A.
• Cinram International Income Fund in connection with its US$337 million refinancing and recapitalization
• The Toronto-Dominion Bank in connection with the financing for RBJ Schlegel Holding Inc.’s $136 million acquisition of The Homewood Corporation
• Madison Dearborn Partners, LLC in connection with the cross-border financing of its US$915 million acquisition of Bway Holding Company
• Canadian counsel to Phillips Van-Heusen in connection with the financing of its $3 billion acquisition of Tommy Hilfiger B.V.
• The Toronto-Dominion Bank in Canada as the administrative agent with regard to the senior credit facilities in connection with ABRY Partners, LLC’s indirect acquisition of Q9 Networks Inc. for approximately $355 million
David has represented Four Seasons Hotels and Resorts in its transactions involving its participation in, and operation and management of, hotels and resorts throughout the world, including in India, China, the Czech Republic, Hong Kong, Japan, Morocco, Israel and Egypt.
David joined Goodmans as a summer student in 1990 and has been a partner since 1999.