Senior Director | Alvarez & Marsal Canada Securities ULC
- Adam Zalev is a Senior Director with Alvarez & Marsal Canada Securities ULC in Toronto, with more than eleven years of corporate finance, turnaround consulting and restructuring experience. He has been involved in a wide range of corporate finance and restructuring mandates.
- Mr. Zalev has advised management, corporate boards, shareholders and lenders on matters such as acquisitions, divestitures, financings and refinancings and formal and informal insolvency and restructuring proceedings. In addition, he has acted on behalf of lenders and institutional shareholders in conducting business viability assessments and strategic reviews. He has served clients across a variety of industries, including hospitality, manufacturing, retail, distribution, real estate, automotive, airlines and mining in Canada, the U.S. and Australia.
- Mr. Zalev’s recent engagements have included: acting as financial advisor to ATD Legal in connection with its sale to Deloitte LLP, supervising the successful sale process for Arctic Glacier Income Fund to HIG Capital; acting as Financial Advisor to Greco Aluminum Railings in its cross-border sale to O2 Investments; overseeing the sale of the JW Marriott Rosseau to Canadian Niagara Hotels; serving as financial adviser to WestLB AG in connection with its financing and sale of the Pond Bay Project in St. John USVI; and advising the management of one of Australia’s largest retail real estate owners on its refinancing of more than $7 billion of senior and subordinated debt.
- Other notable assignments have included: advising on the sale of JRM Tube Inc; advising on the refinancing of Polywheels Inc; advising on the sale of Clayton Steel; advising on the sale and restructuring of Triton Tubular Components; advising the shareholders of a leading maker of home appliances on its sale to institutional investors; acting as financial advisor to Heinz Canada in connection with its acquisition of Renee’s Gourmet Foods, as well as Heinz broader acquisition strategy; acting as financial advisor to Archibald Candy (Canada) Corp operating as Laura Secord, in its restructuring and sale; advising Cadbury Adams in the sale of Allen Candy business to RH Capital Partners; conducting the sale of Denninghouse Inc. (o/a The Buck or Two Stores); and conducting the sale of the CFL’s Toronto Argonauts and Hamilton Tiger-Cats.
- Prior to joining A&M, Mr. Zalev spent four years at KPMG Corporate Finance Inc., where he was a vice president specializing in corporate finance and restructuring. Before KPMG, he was with RSM Richter Inc., a Canadian restructuring firm.
- Mr. Zalev earned a bachelor’s degree in economics and finance from York University and a master’s degree in management and professional accounting from the Rotman School of Management at the University of Toronto. He is a Chartered Accountant, holds a Corporate Finance Specialist designation from the Canadian Institute of Chartered Accountants and is registered as an Exempt Market Dealer with the Canadian Securities Regulators. He is also a member of the Turnaround Management Association and the Canadian Venture Capital Association. Mr. Zalev is a member of the Board of Directors of Leo Baeck Day School in Toronto and the Chair of its Strategy Committee.