President | DP Murphy Hotels & Resorts
• Born in Charlottetown, P.E.I.
• Graduated from U.P.E.I. in 1980 and in the same year purchased two Tim Hortons.
• President of D. P. Murphy Inc. that now operates 19 Tim Hortons Restaurants on P.E.I., 5 Wendy’s Restaurants on P.E.I. and 5 Wendy’s Restaurants in Montreal, Quebec. Also operates 2 Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites - one in Charlottetown and one in Saint John, N.B, a Super 8, 2 Hampton Inns - one in Moncton, N.B. and one in Sydney, N.S., Stanhope Beach Resort & Conference Centre and Dalvay by the Sea D. P. Murphy Inc. also recently acquired Leon’s Furniture Store.
• D. P. Murphy Inc. employs 1,400 people and opened the first Wendy’s/Tim Hortons Combo Restaurant in June, 1992 in Montague, P.E.I.
• Danny has sat on the National Advisory Board for Tim Hortons and also on the Franchise Advisory Council for Wendy’s Restaurants of Canada for numerous years.
• Danny Lives with his wife, Martie in Stanhope, P.E.I. and has 6 children – Karen, Laura, Stevie, Will, Dannie and Georgie.