Partner | BDO Canada
Guy is a Partner in BDO’s Tax practice, with over 20 years of tax experience providing tax advisory services to a wide variety of clients. His experience ranges from mid-sized entrepreneurial businesses to public companies. He has significant experience in identifying creative tax planning opportunities and providing effective solutions to organizations in the manufacturing, technology retail, and real estate sectors.
Guy’s experience in the real estate sector includes providing tax planning services and creative solutions for property developers, commercial property managers, Real Estate Investment Trusts (REIT’s) and Mortgage Investment Corporations (MIC’s).
Guy has extensive expertise in income tax matters including the implementation of tax tax-efficient financing structures, complex corporate restructurings, partnerships and joint ventures as well as estate planning.
Guy has presented at various internal and external tax conferences and is a former Group Study Leader in the CICA’s In-Depth Tax program.
Professional Designations & Education
• CFP (Certified Financial Planner), Ontario, 1998
• CICA In-Depth Tax Course, Ontario, 1996
• Chartered Accountant, Ontario, 1993
• Bachelor Business Administration, Accounting, Brock University, 1992
• Member, Canadian Tax Foundation
• Member, Institute of Chartered Accountants of Ontario (ICAO)
• Member, Canadian Institute of Chartered Accountants (CICA)
• Member, Financial Planning Standards Council (FPSC)
• Board Member - Trinity United Church, Thornton